NICE THOUGHTS CHALLENGE. Once you get this you have to say 5 nice things about yourself publicly and then send it to 10 of your favorite followers. But not back to me, of course.
OH NO this will take some thought.
1. I like to think that I’m fairly level-headed and can deal with certain situations maturely, and can take charge and lead a group of people if I need to.
2. I call my friends out when they fuck up, because if nobody calls them out then they will continue to fuck up bc nobody told them it was bad to do that thing and then it’ll just get worse so it’s just better to tell them when they’re fucking up and hope that they decide to change so we can be friends 4eva.
3. Sometimes I can be really super determined and focused on things. For example, this year I’ve been able to study for ochem for like 3-4 days straight every few weeks because I know that I will fail the class if I don’t LOL. Another example was I was able to make like 5 hats in 3 days last summer .
4. I’m fairly good at a variety of video games yeaaaaaaa.
5. I have a really good memory when it comes to past events and discussions I’ve had with people. Also birthdays.
I once reblogged a piece of art by a well-known fan artist, something that had tens of thousands of notes on it, and, sick with envy, said that I wished she would just stop. She reblogged it and said, “You know I can see all the comments people make to my art, right? Even if you delete it later.” And even though it should have been really, stupidly obvious, it was kind of a revelation when she said it, and I was mortified and ashamed.
When you make a comment on someone’s work, they will see that. Every single one. Think about what you say before you say it. Is this something you really want to say? Is this something you would say to the OP’s face? Is this something you want them to associate you with for the rest of your online career? Is this something that will make you look like a fuckin’ jerk, and if so, are you okay with that? (If you are okay with lookin’ like a fuckin’ jerk, what’s the matter with you?)
So just think about the stuff you say, carefully, before you say it. Take a second to picture the person who’s going to read that comment. You don’t have to be some namby-pamby Polyanna, just be courteous and compassionate.
“I don’t consider myself a feminist, I prefer to call myself a humanist or an egalitarian.”— Pseudo-intellectual white dude who prefers to imagine that he’s more enlightened than feminists and also is uncomfortable with the thought that he’s part of the problem and also has a incorrect conception of feminism. (via brighterthanroses)